Prescription Line Closure March 31st 2014
The doctors at Clare House have decided that the clinical risk associated with accepting repeat prescription requests over the telephone needs to be limited. The decision has been made to close the current telephone order line on 31st March 2014. This decision has been made entirely in the interest of patient safety.
In common with the vast majority of surgeries in the local area, Clare House will be
asking for repeat prescription requests via our online tools only, in writing or via the pharmacy.
Why Are We Changing?
Our new systems will be safer for patients.
Some requests for medication over the phone are not clear and it can take considerable time and effort to clarify what is required.
Written requests avoid potential confusion and medication errors.
In addition to improving patient safety we will reduce the number of telephone calls to the practice which will improve telephone access for those in need of emergency help, advice or making an appointment.
How To Order Your Prescription
From 1st April 2014 you will only be able to order your repeat prescription in the following ways:
Online via the practice website
Via your preferred chemist
If you give them permission they will take over the arrangements for ordering your prescription when it is due and dispense it ready for you to collect.
Please note this service is by formal arrangement with your pharmacy and is not available at all local pharmacies.
- Via the post
- Drop your repeat-slip into the prescription request box at the practice.
- Using the prescription order form at the practice.
From May 2014 via the Patient Access (Offers online repeat ordering and appointment booking)
Online Registration Required
You will also be able to book appointments and order repeat prescriptions on your mobile device using a free app. Search for Patient Access in the App store/Google Play or use the links below:
Please allow two working days before you collect your prescription.
Please do not try to order a repeat prescription by phoning the appointment line as the receptionists will NOT be able to offer this service.
For more information on this new service and how you can use it please Download leaflet (pdf,145KB)
If you are taking regular medication, a further supply of medication can be obtained on request, subject to your doctor's approval.
Please allow at least 48 hours for this to be processed and let us know which chemist you wish to collect the medicines from.
How to Order
- In person and handing your request to our Reception Staff
- At the chemist of your choice in town, by handing in your repeat slip (the right hand of your prescription). You can collect your medication 48 hours later from them.
- By posting your request in an envelope addressed to:
Clare House Surgery
- On-Line, by using the link above.
- The cost of a prescription is £8.20.
- You may be exempt, depending on your circumstances.
- You can buy a pre-payment certificate lasting 3 months for £29.10, or 1 year for £104. For more information call 0845 850 0030 or click here.